Monday, May 4, 2009

Intro Post

Hi friends.

I plan to use this blog to chronicle my efforts to fit in and seem like I'm in math or computer science. I'll make a post devoted to outlining my current situation in that department sometime in the near future. Basically, I'm starting near zero (in terms of actual math knowledge) but I have a lot of interest in slightly pointless endeavours so we may see some actual results. I'm simultaneously hopeful and afraid that reading this blog may remind you of The Little Engine That Could. Or Seabiscuit. Ambitious comparisons, I know.

The title of the blog was inspired by a poster belonging to one of my roommates. It says "Do you speak Matlab?" in several languages. We're just settling in after moving to a new apartment and he offered it to me before deciding that he would in fact only think about giving me the poster in question. Apparently he would rather let it get damp and wrinkly in the bathroom.

So there you have it. A brief summation of what the deal is with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment