Friday, July 31, 2009

Math Life

It occurs to me that I would have huge respect for someone with a Tupac-esque "MATH LIFE" tattoo on their abdominal area. Just a heads-up.

Since I last posted, I had the honour of playing board games with some of my math humans. We played Agricola, which was fun and pleasantly agricultural. Tomorrow I am going to attend a party where I will likely see more people of the math-y persuasion so I may gather more blog fodder there. This would be good for my ability to post things here.

At the gathering where we played Agricola, I was fortunate enough to make the acquaintance of a math grad student who is currently working on his thesis-y bit. It is about automata, which isn't something that I had any familiarity with. It's been a while since I got the explanation so I've unfortunately forgotten most of it. The analogy he used had something to do with the little light in a microwave, I think. I might be making that up though.

Also, Max and his coworkers may have made an unprecedented discovery in math! I live with a symmetry group pioneer!

No comments:

Post a Comment